The "View HTML" banner when reading a message now displays full html (images) when engaged

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: The "View HTML" banner when reading a message now displays full html (images) when engaged

Post by Jeff »

Follow-up regarding that last, vague comment I made in the previous post --

First, to clarify something I mentioned in the previous post, I said that PP may only retrieve the "plain" text portion of the message and not the "html". This will only happen if the message contains an attachment. If the message does *not* contain an attachment, then POP Peeper will retrieve the *entire* message (in which case, you'll get both the plain and html formats, if available).

So, what I was alluding to in my last comment yesterday was that PP could conceivably retrieve both the "html" and "plain" text portions of the email (when an attachment is present). This took quite a bit of work, but I think it will have at least these advantages:
1) Less confusion about what's happening / more consistent behavior across various messages
2) Showing HTML (even without graphics) is often a better representation of the original message than the plain text format. And I'm specifically referring to cases where the email source contains both html and plain text.