send/return messages to yourself

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
JeanP

send/return messages to yourself

Post by JeanP »

Hello,

I send a message to myself from time to time via Thunderbird last version.
This message does not arrive in my PopPeeper inbox, but well in Thunderbird. :(
If I send a message to myself from PopPeeper, it does not arrive in my Thunderbird box, nor in that of PopPeeper. :?
Is there any way to solve that ?
Best regards
mjs

Re: send/return messages to yourself

Post by mjs »

Are you using Pop Peeper PRO (you may need to change an "AntiJunk" rule)?

What type of account are you using (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com etc)?

From the Main Menu in POP Peeper --- if you go to "File" > "Error overview..." and then click on the "Copy" button in the interface you see and paste the copied information to this topic (right-click and select "Paste') we will then have more information that can help to identify your problem.

Absent additional information the following linked post may or may not apply to your issue: Re: receive/view own email.

Keeping in mind that POP Peeper hides 'BCC' messages that you've sent to yourself, you have the option to view hidden messages by going to: "Messages" > "Hide hidden messages" from the POP Peeper Main Menu -- Note: hidden messages appear in italics.

Also, while awaiting further review of your issue by other members of the Esumsoft Team, if you haven't already done so; you might access your account on-line to check your "Junk" folders to see if the BCC message may have inadvertently been sent there.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
JeanP

Post by JeanP »

Hi lakrsrool,
I'm using Pop Peeper PRO.
- The messages were not in the junks folder (they are not deleted immediately), on line either.
- Accounts are from my provider and AOL... in POP3.
- There is nothing in the "error view"
- i have deactivated the "Bcc rule" in PopPeeper, but no change.
I assume that my settings for sending mail must be incorrect...
In "account properties", I have :
answer option : SMTP (no SSL)
Server SMTP : relay.skynet.be ... if I click on the small dots next to that, I have two servers checked :
smtp.skynet.be
mail.skynet.be
After the test, only "smtp.skynet.be" is valid !
I can uncheck "mail.skynet.be" but "OK" remains grayed. Same thing if I want to add the server "relay.skynet.be".
Thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If there's an error with your account, POP Peeper should let you know. But just in case, check the "outbox" folder (above the message list) to see if there are any pending messages there. Any messages in the "outbox" have not been sent and would generally indicate a problem. If you send a message and PP does not report an error and the message is not in the outbox, then that means that the smtp server accepted the message.

There have been 2 versions of the 'bcc' rule -- one that would hide *any* message from yourself; and a more recent one that will only hide messages in which you actually BCC'd yourself, but NOT if you sent it to yourself via 'to' or 'cc'. The distinction is that the latter one allows you to send test messages to yourself and the bcc rule won't hide them. But in either case, disabling the 'bcc' rule won't have any effect on *existing* messages, so you would have to send yourself another test message after disabling the bcc rule -- you didn't say if you did that or not, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

If you still think that something is wrong, email me (support at esumsoft dot com) and we'll collect some logs to see what's happening.