Turn off spam or antijunk?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tjpsnj

Turn off spam or antijunk?

Post by tjpsnj »

Is there a simple way to see the blacklist?
I am tired of realizing the interface is not showing all and blocking or hiding half or more of my mail.
Otherwise is their a way to turn it off? I don't have time to whitelist this much mail and the filters are making it so popeeper isn't a faster more efficient way to view mail.
Thanks,
TPecka
mjs

Re: Turn off spam or antijunk?

Post by mjs »

Your blacklist is listed in the main menu under "Tools" > "AntiJunk" > "Main interface...".

You can disable AntiJunk for specific account(s) by editing the account and going to the "Advanced 2" Interface of the Edit Account window and checking (enabling) "AntiJunk: do not automatically process this account".

You can also disable AntiJunk for all accounts (easier if you want to do this for all accounts and you have a lot of them) from the main menu at "Tools" > "Plugins" and uncheck the "AntiJunk" plugin to disable this function (plugin) and click "OK" to implement change.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Turn off spam or antijunk?

Post by Jeff »

Another option: set the "Junk View" button to "show all" (press the triangle on the right-side of the toolbar button to select "show all") and then you can see all the messages. Further, you can train messages by pressing 'J' (for Junk) and 'L' (for Legitimate) and POP Peeper will learn to evaluate the messages better.

On a related note: thinking about this question gave me an idea -- Instead of POP Peeper filtering Junk messages from the start, it may be better if it defaulted to "show all" until enough messages have been trained (e.g. at least 25 messages each for Junk and Legit). When/if you train enough messages, it will popup a message saying that messages will now be filtered.