Pop Up Notification Not woriking ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Up Notification Not woriking ?

Post by Jeff »

2) From the main menu, select Tools / Skin notifier -> Select skin/settings
3) On the bottom-right:
- Enable "Override slider"
- Change the mode to "Disable" OR "Slide in" OR "Fade in" (I prefer fade in, but it's your choice)
4) Press "Test" to make sure it works like you want
5) Press OK
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff I installed the skin notifier and liked it I want compare it to Windows notification on Notification & actions my issue is how do I tun off the skin notifier and run Windows notification on Notification & actions so each I can try separately
mjs

Post by mjs »

To "turn off" (disable) the POP Peeper Skin Notifier - from the POP Peeper main menu go to "Tools" > "Plugin" and uncheck the box for "Notification Skin" as displayed in the screen-shot below then click the "OK" button (this disables the skin notifier plugin you have added to PP).
Screen-shot is what you will see before disabling (unchecking) the "Notification Skin" plugin.
Screen-shot is what you will see before disabling (unchecking) the "Notification Skin" plugin.
You can "turn on" (enable) the POP Peeper Skin Notifier again by doing the opposite, that is check the box for "Notification Skin" and click the "OK" button.
If you need to reset the "Windows notification on Notification & actions" then repeat what you did before as referenced HERE in this topic on the previous page where you posted that "... it worked..." further down the same previous page.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool » I turn off" (disable) the POP Peeper Skin Notifier - from the POP Peeper main menu go to "Tools" > "Plugin" and uncheck the box for "Notification Skin" as displayed in the screen-shot below then click the "OK" button (this disables the skin notifier plugin you have added to PP). and it will let "Windows notification on Notification be used with out skins ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

Yes - by doing what I posted (unchecking the skin notifier plugin) that specific POP Peeper "Notification Skin" plugin will be disabled and so you will be "without skins" (notification) in POP Peeper by doing this (you can "turn-on" [enable] or "turn-of" [disable} this POP Peeper "Notification Skin" as you so choose by unchecking or checking this plugin).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool » reason I ask is I have skin notifier plugin checked and both skin and "Windows notification on Notification are both running if I unchecked skin notifier plugin only "Windows notification on Notification will run ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

Yes - that is correct - only "Windows notification on Notification" will run (which is to allow PP notifications).
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool » got it another question I have skin notifier plugin checked and both skin and "Windows notification on Notification are both running how do I only have skin notifier plugin to run not with Windows notification on Notification ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

I think what you want to compare is the POP Peeper Skin Notifier that you have installed on POP Peeper that looks something like this:
This may not be exactly what you will see displayed but this is a skin notification that will be similar
This may not be exactly what you will see displayed but this is a skin notification that will be similar
skin notifier example.png (26.3 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
as compared to how POP Peeper notifies without using a skin such as the balloon pop-up:
balloon tip pop-up.png
balloon tip pop-up.png (22.7 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
or the Desktop Alert notification such as this:
Desktop alert.png
Desktop alert.png (9 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
If you disable the "Notification Skin" plugin as previously explained then POP Peeper will notify in the former ways as illustrated in either of the last two screen-shots.

The balloon-tip notification (which will not remain displayed) is the second screen-shot above and is controlled by this setting:
ballon tip notification.png
and the Desktop Alert as displayed in the third (last) screen-shot above is controlled by this setting:
Desktop Alert setting.png
One or both of the last two POP Peeper notification options can be used. The "Notification Skin" that you have installed can be used instead of either of these two native POP Peeper notifications.

I don't use Windows10 myself -- but as I understand it the "Windows notification on Notification & actions" is a method that Windows10 uses to allow external apps (like POP Peeper) to display notifications in Windows10. As such this needs to be setup (enabled) for POP Peeper to display message notifications. To clarify, the POP Peeper message notifications may not work without enabling (setting) "Windows Notification" to allow POP Peeper to send notifications.

If I am misunderstanding something and say for example you are currently getting some kind of alternate message notification than what the POP Peeper "Skin Notifier" (with the "Notification Skin" plugin enabled [checked]) displays (that you have just recently added to POP Peeper) then please post a screen-shot of what this message notification is.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool » I have skin notifier plugin checked aand "Windows notification on Notification are both running at the same time how do I only have skin notifier plugin to run not with Windows notification on Notification at the same time ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please explain what result are you looking for?

What is it that you want to see when POP Peeper retrieves messages?

If you disable (uncheck) the "Notifications Skin" plugin what do you get displayed when you send a test message to one of your account(s)?

Please explain what your goal is? That is what it is that you want to see displayed instead of the POP Peeper skin notifier (you get using this plugin)?

It sounds like you want to compare what you see from the POP Peeper Skin Notifier to something else.

Are you getting two different message notification alerts at the same time?

That is if you are getting more than one alert what are you getting besides (along with) the "Skin Notifier"?

If you are only getting the one "Skin Notifier" alert and nothing else then that is what should be displayed.

If you want to compare the "Skin Notifier" to other POP Peeper notifications that you had before you need to review my previous post above on how to do this.

Before you do anything regarding the two links below please clarify what your goal is by answering the above questions.

This link might help explain about the Mail App Notifications in Windows 10: How to Turn On or Off Windows 10 Mail App Notifications (keep in mind you need this enabled and setup correctly for POP Peeper notifications to work properly in Windows10).

Here is a link on How to Disable Notifications on Windows 10 (including all notifications).
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:48 am Jeff I installed the skin notifier and liked it I want compare it to Windows notification on Notification & actions my issue is how do I tun off the skin notifier and run Windows notification on Notification & actions so each I can try separately
Let's approach what you are striving for this way -- You now have a "skin notifier" and you say you "like it", RIGHT?

To clarify --- is it correct that you are currently getting one POP Peeper message notification in the lower right corner of your desktop (which is the "skin notifier") you added to POP Peeper? Is this correct?

What is the other message notification that you want to compare to the "skin notifier" that you currently have?

To explain more -- from what I can tell in Windows 10 the "Windows Notification" is a function of Windows 10 to allow various different notification one of which is mail applications (such as PP) to leave notifications on your computer using Windows 10. Is this your understanding? If not please explain?
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool »
Please explain what result are you looking for you wrote

I disable (uncheck) the "Notifications Skin" plugin?

Which means only Windows "Notifications will work pop up when new email comes in ?

I have skin notifier checked it works also Windows "Notifications is working at the same time to with the "Notifications Skin" plugin how do I disable Windows "Notifications to have "Notifications Skin" plugin work only ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:07 pm lakrsrool »
Please explain what result are you looking for you wrote

I disable (uncheck) the "Notifications Skin" plugin?

Which means only Windows "Notifications will work pop up when new email comes in ?

I have skin notifier checked it works also Windows "Notifications is working at the same time to with the "Notifications Skin" plugin how do I disable Windows "Notifications to have "Notifications Skin" plugin work only ?
Your "Notifications Skin" is the only notification plugin that is notifying you of messages, right?

Please just directly answer ALL of these THREE questions BELOW (IN RED) using the PP Skin Notifier:

Question 1) Are you getting notifications from POP Peeper when messages arrive?

Question 2) Is this the ONLY notification for POP Peeper messages that you get?

If the answer to both questions is "YES" -- and you like what you get using the "Notifications Skin" plugin as you posted previously then what else is it that you want to do?

In other words please answer one more question:

Question 3) What is your reason for wanting to disable "Windows Notifications Alert" system for anything? (if you disable the POP Peeper app notification setting then I PP notifications will not presumably work properly) -- if you are getting the ONE specific POP Peeper notification using the "Notification Skin" that you have added to POP Peeper and you "like it" as you have posted then I'm confused as to why you want to disable anything in the "Windows Notifications Alert" system. I'm at a loss why you want to disable "Windows Notifications" settings which is what allows POP Peeper to display message notifications (using the "Notifications Skin" in this case) in Windows 10. The "Windows Notification Alert" system in Windows 10 is a way to filter what notifications you want to see -- in this case you would want notifications from POP Peeper - RIGHT? -- So you would not want to disable this would you?

Please simply post back just your answers to all THREE of the underlined QUESTIONS in RED above -- to be able to understand better what exactly you are trying to accomplish...
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Question 1) Are you getting notifications from POP Peeper when messages arrive?

yes

Question 2) Is this the ONLY notification for POP Peeper messages that you get?

yes

If the answer to both questions is "YES" -- and you like what you get using the "Notifications Skin" plugin as you posted previously then what else is it that you want to do?

In other words please answer one more question:

Question 3) What is your reason for wanting to disable "Windows Notifications Alert" system for anything? (if you disable the POP Peeper app notification setting then I PP notifications will not presumably work properly) -- if you are getting the ONE specific POP Peeper notification using the "Notification Skin" that you have added to POP Peeper and you "like it" as you have posted then I'm confused as to why you want to disable anything in the "Windows Notifications Alert" system. I'm at a loss why you want to disable "Windows Notifications" settings which is what allows POP Peeper to display message notifications (using the "Notifications Skin" in this case) in Windows 10. The "Windows Notification Alert" system in Windows 10 is a way to filter what notifications you want to see -- in this case you would want notifications from POP Peeper - RIGHT? -- So you would not want to disable this would you?

I am getting notifications using the "Notification Skin pop up and and "Windows Notifications Alert" pop up both are some how being used together want to use separalatly

Please simply post back just your answers to all THREE of the underlined QUESTIONS in RED above -- to be able to understand better what exactly you are trying to accomplish...
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:07 pm I am getting notifications using the "Notification Skin pop up and and "Windows Notifications Alert" pop up both are some how being used together want to use separalatly
Thanks for the reply to my questions.... :D

I'm confused as to what you mean by ... your getting notification as a result of the "Notification Skin" popup ... " and 'Windows Notifications Alert' pop up" that you speak of? :?

Yes you are getting POP Peeper notifications using the "Notifications Skin" pop up as a result of adding the plugin to POP Peeper.

This is the only message notification you are getting as illustrated by your answer "YES" to my previous question "Is this the ONLY notification for POP Peeper messages that you get?" that I asked?

So based on your answer to my question you are not getting any other message notification, right? --- just the one provided by the "Notification Skin" plugin, right?

As I've said, I do not use Windows 10 -- but looking up what I can find on the web in regards to what the Windows 10 Notifications does is what I've described below:

What I find is that the "Windows 10 Notification Alerts under Windows 10 Notification & Actions" is something Windows 10 uses to monitor and control various functions of Windows 10 by providing the user with "Alert Notifications" on what might need to be resolved via the Action Center.

For example, to maintain your Windows 10 System you should keep an eye on the notification area of the Taskbar.
If you see a number on the Notification Center icon, click it and review whatever "alerts" you will see listed there under Action Center.
Such as you should probably be sure to resolve the following example "alerts" you might see as quickly as possible:

>Windows notifications
>Windows Firewall notifications
>Windows 10 operating system alerts
>Windows apps alerts and updates
>Windows Update alerts
>Windows Defender alerts
>Backup device alerts
... and much more....

If there are issues they are easily resolved by just clicking the notification which should then open the required solution.
As an example, if you click a notification that the Windows Firewall has been disabled, the result of clicking that alert is that the Windows Firewall settings window opens. From there, you can enable the Firewall again. The same holds true for all the other issues some of which are illustrated above. Just click and resolve!

Most importantly -- notice what I have highlighted in RED above which directly applies to our discussion in this topic -- this is the Alert you were getting regarding POP Peeper "notifications" presumably. This is something you and Jeff resolved during your discussions with him previously as you know. Once this "Alert" was resolved by doing what was necessary to allow "message notifications" to be displayed by POP Peeper you were then able to get the POP Peeper notifications. By resolving this specific "Alert" each of the different types of POP Peeper message notifications are "allowed" to occur by Windows 10 (including the "Skin Notifier" your are currently using).

To elaborate that might help understand further -- there are other common notification settings that are important to keep working such as:
>AutoPlay – Provides prompts regarding what to do when new media is connected including phones, CDs, DVDs, USB drives, backup drives, and so on.
>BitLocker Drive Encryption – Provides prompts for the protection for your computer when BitLocker is configured for use.
>OneDrive – Provides notifications when syncing to OneDrive fails or conflicts occur.
>Security and Maintenance – Provides notifications regarding Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, backup tasks, and other system events.
>Windows Update – Provides notifications regarding updates to your system.

Looking this part of Windows up on the web it appears this "Windows 10 Notification System" is a function of Windows 10 that in a word controls "permissions" so-to-speak in regards to what you want Windows 10 to do or not do in regards to all of these types of functions referenced above as well as a whole host of others.

Does this help clarify what this Windows 10 "Notifications" function does?

If there is something more that I am not aware of the please post back what that might be.

Again, I do not use Windows 10 myself -- but this is what I understand this function of Windows 10 is expected to do.

It appears as if you are thinking in terms that the ""Windows 10 Notification Alerts within the Windows 10 Notification & Actions functions" also in some manner displays POP Peeper message notifications -- I'm not aware of this -- but rather what this part of Windows 10 does is simply give "permission" to POP Peeper to display POP Peepers "notifications" as I understand it. It is POP Peeper only that displays the "message notification" -- it is the "Windows 10 Notification system" that allows POP Peeper to do this and does not in-and-of-itself display any "message notifications" (unless I'm missing something).

So with I've said just above -- you would presumably not want to "turn off" or disable this in Windows 10. It is not something that is expected to "run separately" -- It is only something that Windows 10 has apparently added as contrasted to Windows 7 that I use where in the case of Windows 10 they have in a manner of speaking included a "firewall" so-to-speak that provides the Windows 10 user with the ability to control what Windows 10 allows to happen. I this case regarding POP Peeper "Windows Apps Alerts" is a "Windows 10 Notification Alert" that lets you know that you would need to "allow" notifications from POP Peeper to display by applying the settings that you and Jeff previously discussed in this topic.

The two work together -- that is the "Notification Skin" pop up and "Windows Notifications Alert" are used together. To clarify -- by setting the "Windows Notification" settings as you did for the "Windows Apps Alerts" that as you recall Jeff provided previously in this topic which as a result of those settings POP Peeper is "allowed" to display message notifications that would otherwise not be allowed to display by Windows 10.

This is what I've been able to glean from looking up this "Notification" system of Windows 10 on the Internet.

Does this help clear up any confusions? Sorry for such a long post -- but my goal is to try and clear up where there may be some confusion. :D

The main thing is that you needed to resolve the "Windows Notifications Alert" pop up that you had gotten earlier so that the POP Peeper message "notifications" will display in Windows 10. As a result -- POP Peeper message "notification alerts" of any kind are able to perform as they should (including the "skin notifier" or any other method POP Peeper uses to notify that a message has been retrieved by POP Peeper)

If this does not help then I'm sure that Jeff will be able to explain this in a better way.

As always -- if you still have questions or if I'm misunderstanding what your intention are or what is occurring or if I've confused things even more please feel free to ask more questions. :wink:
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool I have "Notification Skin checked this means only Notification Skin should work not Windows Notifications Alert"at the same time as "Notification Skin both should work not at the same time ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:48 pm lakrsrool I have "Notification Skin checked this means only Notification Skin should work not Windows Notifications Alert"at the same time as "Notification Skin both should work not at the same time ?
Please explain what "Windows Notifications Alert" does?
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

krsrool I have "Notification Skin checked and working and at the exact same time Windows Notifications Alert" works
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman12 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:05 am krsrool I have "Notification Skin checked and working and at the exact same time Windows Notifications Alert" works
Hmm, I'll try asking the question this way.

Besides your desire to disable ("Turn off") the Windows 10 "Notification Alert" system ---

--- QUESTION: What is it that you DO NOT WANT TO OCCUR as a result of disabling or "turning off" the "Notification Alert" feature of Windows 10 :?:

Please just answer ONLY the question entirely in bold directly above and not simply that you want it disabled. :wink: -- I'm trying to get at what YOUR GOAL IS -- by doing what you are asking for! That is what is the OUTCOME that your looking for? -- Thanks Image