RSS on Pop Peeper 5?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

RSS on Pop Peeper 5?

Post by pop_pepper »

sorry in advance but I'm going to ask the question thats probably already been asked but i did search but could not find an answer.

are RSS feeds no longer supported on PP5?

thanks folks.
mjs

Re: RSS on Pop Peeper 5?

Post by mjs »

They continue to be supported in v5.

From the main menu: "Accounts" > "Add...", select "Create Single Account" will get you there (The RSS Protocol Plugin comes with the Plus Pack as before).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

oh ok, i have the plus pack but it's not allowing me to to put an RSS address in. I will try again. thank you.

I'll probably be back lol
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

am i missing the atom part?

pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

lakrsrool wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:37 pm They continue to be supported in v5.

From the main menu: "Accounts" > "Add...", select "Create Single Account" will get you there (The RSS Protocol Plugin comes with the Plus Pack as before).
nope not working and i have activated my pack :-( it doesn't let me get past the email entry point.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

success! i don't know why but it hadn't updated properly after i activated it. I restarted my machine again and this time started pop peeper up from the menu not the short cut i have. this time it said i need to activate it again, i did so, then it came up that i needed to update again, i did so

and success , it's now providing me with the atom RSS option, thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

I've been away for awhile -- so just caught up.... I'm not sure why it's necessary to reboot (I'm assuming this is what you mean by "restarted my machine again") to get it to work by reactivating it again to get the Plus Pack update to work properly -- but glad to hear you've now finally got it to work. =D>

You're very welcome. Image
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers