Jeff I am a lifetime member update Issue ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman13

Jeff I am a lifetime member update Issue ?

Post by sportman13 »

Jeff I am a lifetime member I downloaded the update when I did it said trail version I can email my lifetime details please get back to me
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Jeff I am a lifetime member update Issue ?

Post by Jeff »

Sorry, but Pro was never advertised with a lifetime license. If you bought the Premium Add-on Pack when it was still called that (ie. before Aug 2014), it was advertised with free lifetime updates. That's why I continue to honor that commitment, and why the Plus Pack updates are still free. Note that the guarantee does not necessarily apply if the "Plus Pack" was purchased since Aug 2014 because I didn't want different license agreements for each product, but the Plus Pack update is free for all Plus Pack licensees in v5.

So, sorry for any confusion but, yes, you do need to pay the upgrade fee for Pro v5 to use Pro v5; or you may go back to Pro v4 where your license is still valid. This and more details are available on the Upgrade page.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

sportman -- never post personal information in a public forum, including email addresses and license keys.

Your Plus Pack is activated.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

Jeff why is this greyed out ?
Attachments
pp grey.PNG
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

WebMail now requires a subscription. Most people do not need the webmail subscription, refer to the Webmail subscription page for more information.

You may have disabled the Notification skin. If you hover your mouse over the gray text it should provide more information.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

Jeff I use Gmail never issues am I good to go ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ In regards to the "Skin notification" plugin -- As I recall sportman13 - I think you had decided to not to use this message alert (plugin) and instead decided to go with the DTA if I'm not mistaken (hence as Jeff mentioned the plugin is probably disabled).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:39 pm Jeff I use Gmail never issues am I good to go ?
You should be good to go. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool how do I use the message alert (plugin) I do not want DTA disabled).?
mjs

Post by mjs »

You do not have DTA disabled if I'm not mistaken (this is what you are using) - you had decided to use the DTA and not the Notification skin (which you will probably find disabled because you decided not to use that plugin).

If you're not sure what you are using then post a screen-shot of your message alert and we will confirm for you.

Everything should be just fine for you since you have been using what you wanted - nothing has changed since you eventually decided what your preference was.

So you are good to go =D> -- no worries. Image
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool you said
If you're not sure what you are using then post a screen-shot of your message alert and we will confirm for you. here is the only thing I see
Attachments
pp grey.PNG
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 - this is what I mean by your DTA (message alert that you use as I recall):
DTA example.png
DTA example.png (6.73 KiB) Viewed 5346 times
If what you see when you get new messages in PP resembles this message alert popup as illustrated in the screen-shot above - then you are already using the DTA - it is not disabled -- and you are all set and good to go. =D>
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool »I do not see the Pop up in your screenshot when I get new messages in PP it dose not resembles the message alert popup as illustrated in your screen-shot -can you give me directions please
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please take a screen-shot of what you do get when you get your next new message and post it here in this topic. I will then follow up after you do this.

Addendum: btw, your message alert may resemble this (if you have your message list extended):
DTA w-message list extended.png
DTA w-message list extended.png (8.06 KiB) Viewed 5339 times
Last edited by mjs on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool hard to give you a screenshot cause my pop peeper slide in and out from the side I always see
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 - you ARE getting the alert displayed when new messages arrive - RIGHT?

If you are then you are good -- because this is what you have been using for your message alert for many months as of the time when you decided what to use back at that time (apparently I was wrong to assume you were using the DTA which you apparently decided against using at that time - sorry about that confusion :().

So you do not need to post a screen-shot.

As long as you are getting a message alert like you are now and have been for a long time now (you may recall we covered a lot of ground at that time) - so you are good to go. =D> No worries. Image .... good job sportman13. =D>

So then we can consider this topic now closed (as long as you have been getting message alerts all this time since you made you mind up what to use a few months ago). :wink:
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool how would if I wanted to go back to the way your screenshot is ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:40 pm lakrsrool how would if I wanted to go back to the way your screenshot is ?
sportman13 - all of this has been discussed with you a number of times. You can refer back to some of our more recent discussions on this topic (there have been other discussion we have had on this topic as well but I'll just reference the most current 8)).

I would suggest you take a look at these two posts in a topic that discussed this subject in part - please refer to the two posts HERE and HERE where this subject was discussed in great detail. This should provide you with plenty of information regarding your question.

That said, you had apparently made a decision previously as to what your Message Alert preferences were back in early May of this year since you have not brought the topic up again since that time.

So I would advise you to continue to use what you finally decided upon at that time (to avoid any more additional confusion going forward [-X). Otherwise if you actually think you might want to use the DTA again (which you have tried out in the past as you may recall) then all the details on what to do is covered in the two posts I've linked above. That should be all you need to accomplish the change back to DTA if so desired. :wink: (if you have any more questions please keep on the topic of just the DTA only and not discuss anything else referenced in the topic when referencing the two posts I've linked above -- thanks! sportman13 for being a good sport). :wink: (this should suffice to address your question -- so I'll leave it to you to go over what was previously discussed)
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

You are very welcome sportman13.