Feature request - edit IMAP messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lwc

Feature request - edit IMAP messages

Post by lwc »

Now that PP can upload IMAP messages or move them between folders, how about a way to just edit them directly on the server?

At the very least, edit their meta data.

Otherwise one to download them, edit offline, then upload.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Feature request - edit IMAP messages

Post by Jeff »

Never having needed to use it it myself, I'm not sure that's even possible, so looked it up. I found a StackOverflow Q&A that suggested it can be accomplished by deleting the original message and uploading the new one. It will be considered.
lwc

Post by lwc »

If it helps, IMAPSize does this and here's its source code.
Francis17

Post by Francis17 »

Followed stale -> updated links https://www.kassebaum.eu/2016/09/18/imapsize/ but could not find any source code. The program itself works well enough though.
lwc

Post by lwc »

Francis17 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:20 pm Followed stale -> updated links https://www.kassebaum.eu/2016/09/18/imapsize/ but could not find any source code. The program itself works well enough though.
True, but you still have the SourceForge code, is it not good enough when the goal is just to borrow specific parts?
Francis17

Post by Francis17 »

lwc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:46 pm
Francis17 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:20 pmcould not find any source code
you still have the SourceForge code
The SF project has zero files, no ReadMe, no Support, and a one-line Wiki. That led me to think there was nothing to download. Did not know SF well enough to look under the Code tab, which has trunk posted in 2016. The Delphi 5 code there is dated copyright 2004. Thanks for the encouragement to look again :) Can't remember whether SF is one of the repository sites that have been taken over so that developers run away.