View/Explore/Sent Folder

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
acooldozen

View/Explore/Sent Folder

Post by acooldozen »

The send folder does indeed exist in users/name/app data/

Screenshot 2022-05-10 121703.png
.....and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: View/Explore/Sent Folder

Post by Jeff »

You didn't include the screenshot, but it will try to open the folder for the selected account, so it's more like:
%userprofile%\POP Peeper\{account}\Sent\
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Sorry about that. 'Neglected to click Place In Line'

Screenshot 2022-05-10 121703.png
Screenshot 2022-05-10 121703.png (8.61 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you open the Windows Run prompt (WinKey+R) and type that path in, does it open the expected folder? This is basically the equivalent of what PP does, and if the operation returns an error, it spits out that generic text (the exact error isn't reliable, but "doesn't exist" is the most likely reason).

Does it work for other accounts?
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

AS previously mention the sent folder does exist under app data Pop Peeper. The deleted folder works properly.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I know you said it existed, but that's not what I asked. Please test the "Run prompt" to see if it works or not.

One thing you might try is to rename the existing "Sent" folder and then send a test message. Make sure that the Sent folder is re-created and then try Explore->Sent again.
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

The run prompt takes me to a website trouble shooter for the prompt!

Tried your fix. Rename old sent folder. It did indeed create a new sent folder but it still returns the same error message! Will try a clean reinstall later today!
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

My apologies Jeff, The account view is on All Accounts. When I change it to individual accounts it works fine. I am fairy certain I never had to change it to an individual account in the past???
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

(I see you posted a follow-up that may negate this post, but I'm going to submit it anyway, just in case)

I'd rename the folders back, since the problem is probably not with the folder (I thought maybe it could be a permissions issue).

It sounds like something may be wrong with the association for File Explorer. Maybe if you had installed a File Explorer replacement, that could cause that (I think I've seen such things, but no personal experience).

If you're referring to a "clean reinstall" of POP Peeper, it doesn't sound like PP is the problem and I wouldn't expect that to fix it. OTOH, if you're referring to a "clean reinstall" of Windows, that sounds drastic but would probably fix it.

If the website trouble shooter for the prompt is on a Microsoft-owned website, then that might help. If it's on a site that recommends some 3rd party fix app, then that "clean reinstall of Windows" sounds like a *really* good idea....
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

acooldozen wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:58 pm My apologies Jeff, The account view is on All Accounts. When I change it to individual accounts it works fine. I am fairy certain I never had to change it to an individual account in the past???
ummm.... I'm confused because before you said that there was a specific account ("gmail") that was failing to open. What you wrote here doesn't jive with that earlier report.

That being said, there's still a progression that occurs when viewing "all accounts" (this may or may not be 100% accurate as I'm doing it on the fly, but it's "close enough"):
1) It uses the account that's selected in the accounts list
2) If there's no account selected, it uses the account of the first MESSAGE that's selected in the message list
3) If there's no message selected, it uses the first account in the Account list

That being said, you specifically said that it tried and failed to open the "POP Peeper\Gmail\Sent\" folder and that that folder did exist... :-?
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Performed an SFC Scan, repaired some files and...................all is well now! Works fine. Thank you for all of your assistance.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I feel pretty confident in saying this -- in the history that sfc /scannow has been run, this is the first recorded success.

(anybody who's ever been on the microsoft forums knows what I'm talking about)
:mrgreen: