Gmail timing out

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
roadchild

Gmail timing out

Post by roadchild »

So I switched over to IMAP today because I was forced to and now my gmail accounts keep timing out. They sit at retrieving headers and then just error out. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can fix this? I have a limit of 50 emails, because I don't want 3500 from each account, showing up.
mjs

Re: Gmail timing out

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum roadchild,

Have you set your Gmail account(s) to use Oauth2?

Here is a link to an announcement on the subject Gmail password login (requires Oauth2).

If you have any further questions after taking a look at the linked announcement above - please get back to us.

Reminder - it is always helpful to include in your posts (when errors occur in POP Peeper) the full Error Overview (posting this information provides us with additional valuable information regarding issues).

The error reporting is available by way of the main menu: "File">"Error overview..." (which is the same as pressing the yellow '!' button at the bottom-right of POP Peeper's status-bar of the main POP Peeper Interface) and then press the "copy log" button to paste the information in the forum topic.

Btw, as a new forum member, we on the Esumsoft Team recommend you take a look at the following topic when you have the time: Information for new users and forum members. The article contains important, helpful information for new forum members (including my reference to providing "Error Overview" information in the event of POP Peeper errors). If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let us know.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
roadchild

Post by roadchild »

Have you set your Gmail account(s) to use Oauth2?
Yes, this is why I changed over to IMAP, POP3 doesn't give me these sorts of issues. It logs in then proceeds to hang on retrieving headers. I'll past the error below.
--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.3.0
Webmail: 5.1.0.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.2.0
RSS: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
SendMail: 4.5.2.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Voice: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
Profile Picture: 4.5.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.5.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.5.0.0
Web of Trust: 4.5.0.0

--- Error ---
acct [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1] [consec: 1]
- Timed Out
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you're using AntiVirus, you may try disabling the email component in its settings to see if that's the problem. Disabling AV from the tray icon usually isn't sufficient, but I know mjs has more experience with this than I do, so you may want to wait for his reply regarding that.
mjs

Post by mjs »

What Antivirus are you using?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
roadchild

Post by roadchild »

What Antivirus are you using?
Windows Defender

Everything was fine until I switched to IMAP for Oauth2.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Email me (support at esumsoft dot com) so that we can see what the problem is.
roadchild

Post by roadchild »

Email me (support at esumsoft dot com) so that we can see what the problem is.
Will do
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Update regarding GMail POP3/Oauth2 was posted here:
https://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtop ... 075#p40075