GMail Oauth2 Crashing

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Zanaria

GMail Oauth2 Crashing

Post by Zanaria »

This is somewhat related to the Gmail Oauth2 issue, but not exactly. Two of my gmail accounts kept giving errors, even though I think all of them were using password option rather than Oauth2 and the others weren't giving errors. However when I switch to Oauth2 for those two gmails then PopPeeper crashes when it tries to check for mail (not entirely sure if its only when it checks but it seems to be). I am using the latest version of it. This is what the crash shows:

Code: Select all

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BEX
  Application Name:	POPPeeper.exe
  Application Version:	5.2.2.0
  Application Timestamp:	618c000d
  Fault Module Name:	POPPeeper.exe
  Fault Module Version:	5.2.2.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:	618c000d
  Exception Offset:	001b811e
  Exception Code:	c0000417
  Exception Data:	00000000
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	4105
  Additional Information 1:	3d19
  Additional Information 2:	3d196beac9af9758383285d5883b8e1b
  Additional Information 3:	67e5
  Additional Information 4:	67e5379054dd5357126b1377db279a1d
Going to check by disabling one of them and see if its a specific one of the accounts or if both/either causes it.
mjs

Re: GMail Oauth2 Crashing

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum Zanaria,

Try rebooting your computer.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Zanaria

Post by Zanaria »

mjs wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:37 pm Welcome to the forum Zanaria,

Try rebooting your computer.
I just did that yesterday, the issue has been happening for at least several days now and is still happening right now.

Also seems like it crashes for either one of those two accounts, testing if it still does with both accounts disabled.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you right-click on an account, you can "check mail" and that could make checking what's causing the crash easier. Also, when PP crashes, check the status bar to see what it's doing, e.g. is it "connecting" or "logging in", etc.

Something else you can try is to reset the Oauth2 -- edit the account in PP and then re-select "Oauth2" from the dropdown; say "yes" to reset it and then try again.

What version of Windows are you using and are you using any 3rd party Firewalls or AntiVirus?
Zanaria

Post by Zanaria »

Jeff wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:53 pm If you right-click on an account, you can "check mail" and that could make checking what's causing the crash easier. Also, when PP crashes, check the status bar to see what it's doing, e.g. is it "connecting" or "logging in", etc.

Something else you can try is to reset the Oauth2 -- edit the account in PP and then re-select "Oauth2" from the dropdown; say "yes" to reset it and then try again.

What version of Windows are you using and are you using any 3rd party Firewalls or AntiVirus?
I've already reset it a couple of times so far. As for the status, I thought to keep an eye on that too, but the last couple crashes were at different times. Like one was saying it was checking my main email which I don't have problems with (not Gmail), while another it was generating previews for one of the problem accounts.

I tested it using Check Mail on each account and seems that its now down to just one account causing the crash, and seems to be at getting previews.

Using Win 7 and just Windows Antivirus at the moment.
mjs

Post by mjs »

As to the one account that appears to be causing the crash - take a look at some of the more recent messages and and through the process of elimination try moving any of them to another folder other than the Inbox that you are not that familiar with the (i.e. the sender) to see if you can narrow down to whether or not there is a specific message that might be contributing to the crash.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper checks multiple accounts simultaneously, which is why the status bar could be misleading in that respect. Better to use individual "check mail" and maybe even disable AutoCheck (press the green button on the bottom-right of the main window) to make sure no other accounts try to do something.

As mjs mentioned, it does sound like there could be a particular message causing the problem. Compare the messages that PP currently shows with what's in your inbox (ie. via gmail.com using your webbrowser) and move any messages not in PP to another folder and then check-mail in PP to see if the problem is resolved.

If there are a lot of potential messages, we can try inspecting the log. In either case, I would like to see a copy of that message -- if possible (and I realize your willingness to do this may depend on the content of the specific message) -- so that it might be fixed.

Also, another possibility, besides the particular message theory, might be a corrupt database. So if it doesn't seem to be a specific message causing the problem, we can try fixing the corrupt DB angle.