Imprimir a PDF

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Faustino

Imprimir a PDF

Post by Faustino »

Why is it that POP Peeper does not print my emails properly? I print to pdf and it only prints the left half of the email. It only happens with POP Peeper.
Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Imprimir a PDF

Post by Jeff »

I've just tested a few random emails and I don't see a problem. Does the problem occur when printing HTML or text? (check under the 'view' menu to see what will be used)

Is what's printed full-page width or is it only printing on the left side of the "paper"?
Have you tried printing from another sender? ie. is the problem specific to one type of email or all?
Faustino

Post by Faustino »

The problem occurs only when printing HTML. It happens with any sender from any account on any server. Print only the left half of the email on the left half of the paper, leaving the right half of the paper blank. This looks like this on all computers.
I have already identified the problem, it happens with a computer that has a 43-inch "television" monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and a scale of 340, this is where the problem is, because if I lower the resolution and the scale to half, no problem with PDFs. I need to keep that monitor setting to avoid other problems with other programs. Luckily, I don't have to print frequently so the problem isn't too serious.
All the best.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

hm, interesting. Unfortunately, POP Peeper doesn't have much control over how the html pages are printed -- it hands it off to the IE-based control. It doesn't seem like the screen resolution/dpi should have anything to do with printing to a pdf; at least, it shouldn't.

I assume you're using the default "Microsoft Print to PDF" for the printer?

I tested a couple others --
- "OneNote for Windows 10" wants me to sign into an account (no thanks)
- "Microsoft XPS Document Write" saved it, but there was no way to open it without installing another app (apparently xps was MS's attempt to compete with the pdf format, and they officially gave up on it in April 2018)

The only other thing I can suggest -- use File / Print Preview and see if adjusting any of those settings will allow you to print it correctly.

One other thing, but I'll admit this is too far in the future to be significant, there are plans to transition away from the IE-based control that PP currently uses, and I'd expect the new component would address this issue. But this is more likely to be in PPv7.0 than PPv6.0.