Emails thru microsoft

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ata

Emails thru microsoft

Post by ata »

I got a notice today from microsoft, that starting Dec 1, 2022, my accounts will no longer be able to connect to their servers with pop3 or imap. Will poppeeper be upgraded to support TLS 1.2?
mjs

Re: Emails thru microsoft

Post by mjs »

This recent post by Jeff (specifically the part below) references the details of what you're asking about.
Jeff wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:41 pm .... As long as you're using POP Peeper v5 (or probably v4), it does support TLS 1.2. Older versions (PP v3) do not....
Most likely, Jeff will be posting more specifics on this as well.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Emails thru microsoft

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper already supports TLS v1.2 (for POP3/IMAP) via the current version of OpenSSL.

Is this for an Exchange-based server? Not supporting POP3/IMAP is a somewhat non-sequitur to then asking about TLS 1.2 support. Can you post the original email that you received?

Ok, I think I found reference to what you're referring to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/micro ... -worldwide -- this is for the office365 api; PP does not use this and should not affect POP3/IMAP (except possibly for Oauth2 authentication, but as long as you have a recent version of Windows, the back-end should support TLS v1.2 as referenced in the "internet options" that mjs pointed out in his linked thread). If you have information that this applies to POP3/IMAP then, again, please post the original email/link.