Office365 and Oauth2

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tfs

Office365 and Oauth2

Post by tfs »

I have an account that moved to Office365 and Oauth2.

I'm using Pop Peeper 4.5.1. Can someone walk me to the "Oauth2" button that it says would be under "Edit Account"?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Office365 and Oauth2

Post by Jeff »

If this is an Exchange server (EWS), POP Peeper does not support that protocol natively, so you'll need to refer to this guide:
https://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtop ... 361#p40361
tfs

Post by tfs »

Many of our clients are being funneled into Office365 by their internet hosts. Is there any plans to have that functionality added to Pop Peeper?

The option linked to requires Java installation, which is highly unlikely on many of these clients.

Thanks,

Paul
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

It is being considered more now that there seems to be a more widespread necessity. It makes me speculate why and to what ends... :-k

I'll agree that the java requirement makes the DavMail solution less ideal.
tfs

Post by tfs »

Indeed... to what ends. I'm sure the NSA is all for it.

We've had folks who have hosted their website and email at GoDaddy (for instance) for a decade or two, and now they suddenly discover that the POP3 or IMAP compliant software they have relied on all this time is suddenly useless without expensive upgrades.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/my-workspa ... 5-32394#Q1
tfs

Post by tfs »

I haven't been around for a while and was wondering if anything has changed in the Office365, Exchange, OAuth2 realm for Pop Peeper?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Since your previous message mentioned GoDaddy, I can tell you that it should work (without DavMail). While I don't personally have a GoDaddy account, I have corresponded with several people (including one within the past couple of days) who have successfully used POP Peeper to access their GoDaddy accounts.
tfs

Post by tfs »

I do not personally use GoDaddy. But at the GoDaddy link I provided earlier...
What happens to all my email?
We'll move all your Workspace Email accounts, including their email and folders, to Microsoft 365. Continue using your email as you normally would. After your transition is complete, you'll need to update your client settings to Exchange if you're using a mobile device or desktop email client.
I've had to move on. Technology changes fast.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

To anybody with GoDaddy accounts -- you just need to setup your account in POP Peeper to use Outlook IMAP settings and, importantly, Oauth2 is required. That is:
1) Edit the account in POP Peeper
2) Make sure that the incoming server is:
outlook.office365.com
(other addresses may work, too, like imap.outlook.com)
3) Use SSL/TLS (port 993)
4) Re-select "IMAP" for the server type (even if it's already set, this will make sure the Oauth2 dropdown is available)
5) Go to the "Send Mail" page and make sure that the SMTP server is:
smtp.office365.com
6) And use STARTTLS (port 587)

The above values may already be set for you, but Oauth2 is also required:

7) Go to the "General" page and change the dropdown to the right of your Login name (it probably says "password") to Oauth2 and follow the instructions.

These are the steps that worked for the other people I mentioned previously. It's also based on documentation here, for Thunderbird:
https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-my-mic ... s-pc-41563