Problems with messages with attachments

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ethanbaskin

Problems with messages with attachments

Post by ethanbaskin »

Hi, Has anyone encountered this problem. All messages with attachments show first and are marked as "unread".

How should I handle it? Thank!
mjs

Re: Problems with messages with attachments

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum ethanbaskin,

To answer your question: I haven't personally encountered this issue myself.

Please provide the following information:

1) What do you mean by "show first"? (please elaborate as much as possible in regards to more details that you can think of - like this only occurs with messages that have attachments, what is the "read" status that you are expecting?, i.e. should the "read" status be something else?... etc. etc.)

2) When did this issue start and have you made any changes/updates to any software around that specific time-frame?

3) What Email Service (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc.) is this occurring on?

4) To provide us with important additional information that might be of help, please do the following from the main POP Peeper menu:
4a) Click on "File" (main POP Peeper menu)
4b) Select "Error overview..." from the drop-down menu (you will see an empty "Error Overview" window)
4c) Click on the "Copy Log" button (left side of Interface)
4d) Click on "OK" for the next prompt (after reading the information provided explaining what this does)
4e) Paste this (copied) information into your next reply in this topic (that is to say, position your cursor where to paste then right/click in your reply and select "Paste" from the context menu)

Thanks!
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Problems with messages with attachments

Post by Jeff »

I might be able to help with 'attachments show first' but I'm not sure what to make of "marked as unread" so you may need to elaborate.

Make sure that you're sorting the message list by your preferred method -- usually "date/time" -- by clicking on the column header.