Pop Peeper Pro freezes FireFox

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
genestoy

Pop Peeper Pro freezes FireFox

Post by genestoy »

Thought I would post here to see if there is a fix for this...whenever I have FireFox open and I get a Pop Peeper notification that I have email I open Pop Peeper and open the email(s) to read them. I go back to Firefox and FireFox is now frozen and will go nowhere until I close FireFox and reopen it. This does not seem to happen every single time but it does happen more often than not. It is also happening on both of my Windows 10 computers, a desktop and my laptop (both Dells). Any help with this "aggravating problem" is appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Peeper Pro freezes FireFox

Post by Jeff »

I use Firefox as my primary browser and I've never seen this before (nor heard this to the best of my recollection). What notification(s) are you using in POP Peeper? Do you have any extensions in Firefox that might interfere?

P.S. sorry for the late reply.
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

I did some more research and found some discussion about some programs that FireFox does not play well with and the suggestion was to turn off hardware acceleration in FireFox, which I have done and so far have had no crashes yet. Will keep an eye on it and hopefully that is all it was. Thanks for the reply.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

hm. I'm not sure how they would be related. Did you ever see if simply opening POP Peeper (or a message) would cause the Firefox freeze or was it strictly when you received a new email notification?

Also, I assume that you made sure your video drivers were up to date? Out of curiosity, do you know what type of gpu you have (nvidia/amd/intel)?
genestoy

Post by genestoy »

Both computers have intel graphics cards. The only time FireFox has ever crashed on me is when I have left it to look at new emails in Pop Peeper. Sometimes I will answer an email directly in Pop Peeper and other times download them to Thunderbird. I don't remember if Firefox froze because of answering an email directly in Pop Peeper or not, sorry. Like I said I will monitor it closer now to see if it happens again.
Thanks