Current Webmail version

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bbqbrisket

Current Webmail version

Post by bbqbrisket »

When looking to verify current version of PP, I notice that the "Webmail" module has the "Current", 5.1.0.0, shaded out and the "Latest" is also 5.1.1.0.
None of the other Module listings have a shaded out "Current" module.

Why is that?

I'm only asking because I still keep having issues with Oauth2 periodically working or not working with some accounts. It seems like there's a constant chase for me to fix the issue.

thanks
mjs

Re: Current Webmail version

Post by mjs »

Webmail is an optional subscription service for users who want/need to use the "Webmail" protocol. The "shaded out" versions are because you do not subscribe to "Webmail" presumably. To be clear, "Webmail" has nothing at all to do with Oauth2 anyway.

You've mentioned having continued sporadic issues with Oauth2.

Your most recent comments on this (Oauth2) topic in the forum was discussed HERE - Please make sure that you are using the alternate "Password" method where appropriate (specific to MS accounts) as discussed in your most recent linked topic on the subject.

For further details take a look at this announcement Outlook SMTP Oauth2 error posted on the Esumsoft website February 8, 2023.

On this subject - I had recently added a new "Outlook.com" email account to PP that surprisingly worked using the (default) "Oauth2" method -- but eventually after somewhere around 7-10 days had transpired the account started producing persistent "Oauth2" errors - thus I was forced to switch to the "Password" method for this account myself just yesterday.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers