outlook not authorizing

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ata

outlook not authorizing

Post by ata »

I have several outlook accounts, but one of them I'm getting an error, which just started this morning.
The error is "(User is authenticated but not connected.) -- OAuth2: You may need to re-allow POP Peeper access. Press the 'Reset' link below or edit the account and re-select 'OAuth2' from the dropdown to re-authorize."
I tried resetting Oauth2 and it states it was successful, but I'm still getting the same error.

POP Peeper 5.4.5.0
SSL 1.1.1.20
IMAP 5.4.5.0
SendMail 5.4.5.0
Updater 1.0.0.0
PPtweaker 5.4.5.0
mjs

Re: outlook not authorizing

Post by mjs »

Please use the password method instead of Oauth2 -- for details see: Outlook SMTP Oauth2 error.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yes, I recommend using password authentication instead of Oauth2 for Outlook. Outlook has had so many issues with Oauth2 that v5.4.6 will no longer recommend using Oauth2 for Outlook. I dread the day when Outlook forces Oauth2 like gmail and yahoo do, but as I've said in the past, I think there's a reason why they haven't done that...

This particular issue doesn't seem to be too widespread; only one other person has reported it and it also only affected one of several Outlook accounts.
mjs

Post by mjs »

On this subject of the Oauth2 issue with Outlook.com accounts - I had recently added a new "Outlook.com" email account to PP that had no problems using the (default) "Oauth2" method up until at least around 7-10 days had transpired. As of that point, the account started producing non-stop "Oauth2" in spite of resetting "Oauth2" multiple times. Since resetting "Oauth2" was no help, I was forced to switch to the "Password" method for this account just yesterday.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
tjpsnj

Post by tjpsnj »

Interesting.
I have this issue on one of my @outlook accounts.
Initially I attempted to fix by redoing oauth2. I logged in via web page and OL forced me to use a mobile number to "verify" the account. Very unsafe to associate one's identity with a mobile number I used someone else and got in.
After reading this thread switched to password and the "User is authenticated but not connected" OL broken message did not appear and I connected.
Super odd. So secure they force you to be unsecure.
Thanks for being there for us. Love this app to no end!
T