Slow drawing of opened emails.-

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
grevier

Slow drawing of opened emails.-

Post by grevier »

Hello!

I have POP Peeper Pro v5.4.6 installed and set up with 7 different email accounts.

These email accounts are with ATT, Yahoo and Comcast(Xfinity).

Oath2 and passwords are set up correctly for each account that requires either of those security settings.

All of these account can send and receive emails correctly to and from Pop Peeper, but here is what I've noticed has been happening for quite some time and not just with this version of Pop Peeper Pro:

After receiving the headings for new emails in the main panel, opening the actual emails opens up a blank panel and it takes a long time, some times about 30, or 40 seconds, before the text and pictures appear.

I have a fast connection and any program that uses the web connects normally without delays.

So, I am reaching out here for things to try and find a solution...
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Slow drawing of opened emails.-

Post by Jeff »

- Does this happen for *every* email that you open? If not, have you noticed any patterns? (e.g. only for messages viewed as HTML)

- If you view a particular email in full (ie. after waiting for it to fully load), then close the view-message window and then immediately open that same message again, does it open normally or does it still have the same problem?

- If you're unsure about the pattern mentioned in #1 (ie. maybe it only affects HTML), find a message that you know this occurs with and right-click on it in the message list and select View -> Plain Text and see if the problem still occurs (but also keep in mind the possibility mentioned in #2; that is, if it isn't repeatable on the same message, then this test may not be valid either).

- Please let us know the following setting -- under the main menu: Tools / Options; Select the "Message retrieval" page, what are the values for the "default retrieval options" for POP3 and IMAP (ignore webmail).

- Are you using a 3rd party AntiVirus (AVG, Avira, Avast, etc.)
grevier

Post by grevier »

Hi Jeff, thanks for taking the time.

The delay 'only' happens when the message is HTML formatted. Selecting View -> Plain Text, the message loads instantly.

If it means anything, the delay in HTML emails happens even if I have checked 'Legit' for messages from particular email addresses that I trust.

If I close such a message and open it back up, it is loads normally with no delay.

If I close Pop Peeper Pro completely, then open it again and click on the same message to make it load, it once again gets a big delay when loading.

The values I am showing in Default retrieval options are:

POP3 = Entire Message

IMAP = Headers

P.S. I am using Norton 360 Anti-Virus, it has never given me any problems.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Can you send me a sample message that's causing this problem (also, do confirm if this problem occurs for every html email or just specific ones); here's how:
1) When viewing the message, select File / save message as
2) Save it to a file
3) Send that file to me via email, as it will contain some PII (email: support at esumsoft dot com)

If this only happens for specific emails, I assume you'll be sending me something along the lines of a newsletter. Sometimes the mass-emailers contain html code (e.g. tracking code) that the HTML renderer doesn't like.