I can not get my PoP Peeper to download my emails ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman13

I can not get my PoP Peeper to download my emails ?

Post by sportman13 »

I can not get my PoP Peeper to download my emails everything is set up correct can you give me the fix to make it work please Help
mjs

Re: I can not get my PoP Peeper to download my emails ?

Post by mjs »

Can you please provide us with more information (by answering each question below in detail):
1. Is POP Peeper getting errors? (if so please post them in this topic)
2. Please post more details as to what it is that POP Peeper is doing or not doing whatever the case may be (i.e. is POP Peeper doing "Mail Checks" for incoming messages - if so what are you observing etc)?
3. What version of POP Peeper are you using?
4. Is the problem with all Email Service accounts (or just some) and what are the Email Service's that are having the problem?
5. What version of POP Peeper are you using?
6. What Windows O.S. are you using?
7. When did this issue you speak of start (i.e. how long as the issue been going on)?
8. Have you made any changes/updates to your computer (more specifically update/modifications to security software)?
9. Have you tried a computer reboot to see if this helps resolve your issue?
10. Anything else you can think of that might help us in diagnosing the problem?

Thanks sportman13
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

MJS Here are the answers after your question I only use Gmail please

1. Is POP Peeper getting errors? (if so please post them in this topic) No
2. Please post more details as to what it is that POP Peeper is doing or not doing whatever the case may be (i.e. is POP Peeper doing "Mail Checks" for incoming messages - if so what are you observing etc)? I was getting email downloads then it just stoppded
3. What version of POP Peeper are you using? pop peeper pro v5.4.6
4. Is the problem with all Email Service accounts (or just some) and what are the Email Service's that are having the problem?
5. What version of POP Peeper are you using?
6. What Windows O.S. are you using? 10
7. When did this issue you speak of start (i.e. how long as the issue been going on)? 2days a go never had a issue before
8. Have you made any changes/updates to your computer (more specifically update/modifications to security software)? No
9. Have you tried a computer reboot to see if this helps resolve your issue?
10. Anything else you can think of that might help us in diagnosing the problem? No it just stopped working
mjs

Post by mjs »

I presume that all of your email accounts are having this problem.

Have you tried doing a "reboot" of your computer?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

mjs you said

Have you tried doing a "reboot" of your computer? yes did not work can you please help me figure it out ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

The accounts you have in POP Peeper are Gmail accounts - right?

Are you able to log-in to these accounts on the web (Internet) using your browser? (if not let us know why you are not able to login on the web)

If you can, that is your are able to access your Gmail accounts on the web (that is successfully login), then try doing a reset of Oauth2 (you should be getting errors in POP Peeper if you need to reset Oauth2, so I'm not sure why this not the case) - but it's worth a try.

You do this by editing each of the problem accounts and clicking on the drop-down to the right of the "Login name" and selecting the "Oauth2" option and continue with each of the steps that follow.

Let us know exactly what you get (what happens) when you try doing this.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

The accounts you have in POP Peeper are Gmail accounts - right? yes

Are you able to log-in to these accounts on the web (Internet) using your browser? (if not let us know why you are not able to login on the web) NO accounts are in pop peeper or are being downloaded I Can go straight to web and use gmail on my browser

If you can, that is your are able to access your Gmail accounts on the web (that is successfully login), then try doing a reset of Oauth2 (you should be getting errors in POP Peeper if you need to reset Oauth2, so I'm not sure why this not the case) - but it's worth a try

Reset Oauth2 How ?

You do this by editing each of the problem accounts and clicking on the drop-down to the right of the "Login name" and selecting the "Oauth2" option and continue with each of the steps that follow. Reset Oauth2 How ? Am not tech tell me please

Let us know exactly what you get (what happens) when you try doing this.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please read this in the POP Peeper forum "Announcements": Gmail password login (requires Oauth2) (I'm not sure why you're not getting any errors however - which you should be if you need to reset "Oauth2" for your Gmail accounts) - that said, try what I've posted below that illustrates how to start the process of resetting the "Oauth2" function for each of the accounts that are not working.

Edit the account (right-click on the account in the left "Accounts" pane of the main POP Peeper Interface and select the "Edit" option) to reset the "Oauth2" option to "allow" POP Peeper access to your Gmail account(s).
Edit the account - select "Oauth2" from drop-down list and follow through with the remaining steps to process the Oauth2 reset.
Edit the account - select "Oauth2" from drop-down list and follow through with the remaining steps to process the Oauth2 reset.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

mjs it is always on Oauth2) and it suddendly stopped working here is a of Oauth2)
Attachments
POP Peeper edditt.PNG
mjs

Post by mjs »

After entering the "Edit" mode for one of your Gmail accounts and selecting "Oauth2" from the drop-down - like you have already you will get at least some of the following steps to complete the "Oauth2" process (keep in mind some steps may not occur - ignore the steps if this is the case):

NOTE SOME OF THESE STEPS MAY NOT OCCUR
- SO ONLY DO WHAT STEPS THAT YOU DO ENCOUNTER AS INSTRUCTED IN THE SCREEN-SHOTS

PIC-1 after editing and selecting 'Oauth2' click 'Yes' to this prompt.png
The above is where you left off and is what you do from here on out (if the steps below occur - some may not)
PIC-2 click on 'OK' button.png
PIC-3 click on 'OK' button.png
NOTE: YOU MAY NOT SEE SOME OF THE NEXT SCREEN-SHOTS (IF YOU DO NOT IGNORE THESE STEPS ENTERED HERE) In the event you do see any of these prompts it may not be in the order I've listed them DO WHAT IS INSTRUCTED IN THE SCREEN-SHOTS IN THE EVENT YOU DO ENCOUNTER ANY OF THESE SCREEN-SHOTS
This step (ABOVE) and including the next 3 steps after this may NOT OCCUR go to the next step you encounter to complete the 'Oauth2' process
This step (ABOVE) and including the next 3 steps after this may NOT OCCUR go to the next step you encounter to complete the 'Oauth2' process
IF you get this do step 1 and step 2.png
IF you get this - follow directions to get 'verified'.png
Note: Completion of the "Oauth2" procedure will include the next steps up until you get the "successfully" completed message
YOU SHOULD GET THE FOLLOWING STEPS IF THE PROCESS COMPLETES SUCCESSFULLY
This page should open in your (default) browser
This page should open in your (default) browser
PIC-5 Password prompt.png
This step (above) should occur in your (default) browser - you must reply as illustrated in the screen-shot
This step (above) should occur in your (default) browser - you must reply as illustrated in the screen-shot
If the "Oauth2" process completes successfully you will encounter this prompt in POP Peeper
If the "Oauth2" process completes successfully you will encounter this prompt in POP Peeper
You are done at this point
Check to see if this account will do a "Mail Check"

On a side note: you may encounter other dialogs as well such as (don't be concerned about the screen-shot below if they do not occur):
If you do encounter a "code verification" procedure simply complete the steps that occur (examples below) IGNORE THE SCREEN-SHOT BELOW IF THEY DO NOT OCCUR
You may encounter "code" requirement steps to further verify you - if so simply step through the procedures as they occur
You may encounter "code" requirement steps to further verify you - if so simply step through the procedures as they occur
PIC-2 if you encounter a code verification.png
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

sportman -- In the screenshot you posted, it looks like the account may not be enabled (it's hard to tell for certain because the "Oauth2" window is partially covering it). So edit the account and make sure that the "enabled" checkbox is checked. Then press "Update" and do a check mail.
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ That would be why sportman13 is not getting any errors.
Jeff noticed that it appears the account you used in your screen-shot is not 'enabled' - accounts must be enabled to use them
Jeff noticed that it appears the account you used in your screen-shot is not 'enabled' - accounts must be enabled to use them
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

I am stupid enabled was not checked thanks msj and Jeff