POP Peeper BetaPOP Peeper Beta 5 coming soon...
v5 Changes -- Click the link to access the notes. These notes are raw and posted in real-time (update notes are added for development builds which may not be available yet to beta testers) and are not in the same concise format as the overall release notes you usually see in the version.txt file
Notes for beta testers:
* CONTACT for Bugs/Suggestions/Tweaks: there may be a forum setup in the future, but for now, please send email for any correspondence regarding v5 (do not use the forums, facebook, etc). At this phase in the process, I am looking for any bugs and any tweaks that make new and old features easier to use. This includes which features and settings are used by default. If you have ANY suggestions of any kind, please don't hesitate to contact me.
* Beta versions will contact the esumsoft.com server in the background about every 24 hours. This is done for 2 reasons: (a) To ensure that beta testers are using the latest version and (b) To know approximately how many people are actively using the beta version. This data helps to determine if the beta is ready for release.
* ANNOUNCEMENTS: The primary way that information will be conveyed to you will be via the 'Message of the Day' (MOTD) feature. A button will appear in POP Peeper's status bar when you have an unread MOTD; please read it when available.
- MAPI support allows you to use 'Send to -> Mail recipient' in Explorer and other software
- Download MAPI zip (Dec 10, 2018)
- Copy PPMapi.dll into the main POP Peeper folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\)
- POP Peeper Main menu: Tools / Options; General page; enable 'Register POP Peeper as Windows Email Client' -- this must be done even if you've already done it before
- Test that send to -> mail recipient works (just verify that POP Peeper responds to the request and opens a compose window, you do not need to send the email). If it does not work, you may have to force Windows to use POP Peeper as the email client: type and open 'default apps' in the Windows start menu, find the 'email' app, press it and set it to POP Peeper.