This is a maintenance release -- bug fixes only. The primary reason for this release is to address the Avast/AVG issue with SSL certificates; this will enable hostname matching (SNI) by default.
Here's the full list of changes in v4.5.2:
- Fix: Hostname matching (aka SNI) is now enabled by default; this improves security and is required by Avast/AVG for Gmail; this may cause some email accounts that are not configured correctly (as specified by the email provider) to error; this potential error condition will only affect email hosted on personal domains (see: https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-p ... memismatch)
- Fix: Multiple accounts simultaneously accessing a server which requires cacert-full.pem may error on the first attempt, but would succeed on the subsequent check
- Fix: Certain emails may load slow the first time (e.g. NewEggFlash)
- Fix: Attempting to use Gmail OAuth2 when the email address contains "success" would cause the window to close immediately
- Fix: Attachments with a semicolon in the filename would get cut off at the semicolon