I just got PopPeeper to work with Outlook Web Access using a program called DavMail. It acts as an intermediary between Outlook Web Access and any POP or IMAP client. The instructions tell you how to set it up with Thunderbird (which I plan to do), but I was able to get it up and running pretty quickly with PopPeeper. Here's the link to the program: http://davmail.sourceforge.net/How can i access my business emails? At my company, only Outlook Web Access is allowed. Is it supported in POP Peeper somehow?
After you download and install DavMail, setting it up is pretty straightforward, though the online information is a bit confusing. Here's a quick and dirty method just for POP3 access with PP (other methods may work, but here's what I did):
1) In PopPeeper I set up a POP3 account like so.
Account name & Email Address: Whatever you want, since they don't affect the connection.
Login name: Enter what you type in for this field when you access your email with a browser. For example, if I worked in the advertising department, my login might be
ADVERTISING\Godiva, I put the same login text into this field.
Password: (your password)
Server Type: POP3 No SSL
Server: localhost (yup, just type in the word "localhost")
Port: 110 (this should automatically be there when you chose "No SSL")
2) In DavMail the only thing I changed from the default settings was the info on the first tab (labeled "Main").
OWA (Exchange) URL: Enter the web address you use to log in from a browser, so as an example:
As I understand it, if your company is using Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, the URL ending is /owa/ (like mine is), if they're using Exchange Server 2003 or earlier, the URL ending is /exchange/.
Local POP Port: I enabled the checkbox, and put 110 into the text box next to it. For some reason, the default setting (and the online screenshot) had this set to "1110", I just got rid of the extra "1".
I then unchecked the remaining 4 boxes (which had to do with IMAP, SMTP, etc.), left everything else alone, and clicked Save. I may play around with the other settings, but for now all I wanted to do was retrieve email from this account into PopPeeper.
I then tried a test retrieval with PP and it worked like a charm!
By the way, DavMail was the 3rd or 4th program I tried that claimed to work in-between OWA & POP3, and it was the first one that actually worked for me. Hopefully, you can learn from my experimentation, and try DavMail first.
P.S. UPDATE: The current version of DavMail does not support Exchange Server 2010 (this problem is mentioned in their FAQ), but support for 2010 is listed as a goal in their next major release (see their Roadmap link).