ARCHIVE useless?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
henry66

ARCHIVE useless?

Post by henry66 »

have i missed something, or is there simply something that i dont know about?

for me the archive possibility is quite important - i had to use it on wrongly deleted mssgs already.
(( deleted in the actual account - but still present in poppeeper )).

but but but: when creating archives, it does not use the actual date of the mssgs, but the date the archive
was made - ie today - which makes it, with several hundred mssgs as good as useless. an archive of any sorts
makes only sense if it is sorted by date, or at least can be done so later. sorted alphabetically, as it is now,
when many many mssgs start out with the same or similar name, makes working with the archive impossible.

am i the only one who thinks this way? or is there a work-around i dont know about?

greets - henry
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: ARCHIVE useless?

Post by Jeff »

The common use is to use the Archived messages with the Sent Mail Viewer and so the filename is irrelevant. However, you bring up a good point and so all saved messages will be pre-pended with a timestamp (v4.1).
henry66

Post by henry66 »

tks jeff. i assume most people use PopPeeper only as a notification and a backup to their normal
email program, client or online mail - fine. but if you have several thousand emails in it, using it
on an extended trip where little else is available, and THEN have to rely on a backup that is
immensely diffcult (if not impossible) to sort, my point, hopefully, makes a lot more sense.

much appreciated that you are thinking of including it - when would 4.1 be available?

greets - henry
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper was never really designed to be a storage container for all your email. While many people have abandoned a true email client (myself included), using the server's storage (instead of local storage) is probably the norm.

I never provide an ETA because it's never correct -- it's ready when it's ready, but it will be entering into beta soon.