Pop Peeper not seeing a spam email on server

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
BDinger3

Pop Peeper not seeing a spam email on server

Post by BDinger3 »

This spam email: noreply(at)softkaufhaus(dot)de goes undetected on the server by Pop Peeper and therefore goes to my inbox when I download messages using my email program. I get about one of these per week and Pop Peeper misses them every time. Is there some way to get this fixed? I was going to attach the email but your forum setup prevented it.

Thanks,
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email link deactivated for security reasons.
spc3rd

Re: Pop Peeper not seeing a spam email on server

Post by spc3rd »

Hi BDinger3,

I deactivated the email link included in your topic for security reasons. I've contacted Jeff who should be along at some point today to review your post and provide better help than I can at this time.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Assuming that you have Pro, the email is likely being evaluated as spam and is being filtered from the main message list. If you press the "Junk View" button on the toolbar, you'll probably see that message where you can delete it as normal.

You can review this article for further options:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... /#junkview

One thing you could do is add that email address to the blacklist, and then you could set the blacklist to delete messages by default (if you do this, be careful about what email addresses you add to the blacklist). Let us know if that's something you're interested in and if you need help setting it up. To get you started, you can access the AntiJunk interface by selecting Tools / AntiJunk -> Main interface from POP Peeper's main menu.
BDinger3

Post by BDinger3 »

Thanks for your reply. Junk view is on by default so I see everything that Pop Peeper sees on the server. I do this because Pop Peeper occasionally identifies an email as junk when I don't consider it to be junk. Therefore, I would still be of the opinion that this spammer has found a way to make their email "not seen" on the server by a program like Pop Peeper. However, I will look at the "further options" and also add to the blacklist to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again,
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

It's possible that the email may be hidden for some other reason. If you know that the message is in the inbox but PP is not displaying it, select Messages / Enable display filters to disable the display filters (remove the checkmark).
BDinger3

Post by BDinger3 »

Okay, I'll give that a whirl.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Let us know if the message is there or not and if there's anything special about it (e.g. in italics), as I may be able to provide an explanation.