Turning Voice-Notification– _OFF_ ! !

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Chuck7

Turning Voice-Notification– _OFF_ ! !

Post by Chuck7 »

Hello,
Okay, surely I am missing something, 'cause I know this should be simple & I have been through all Options several times . . .
But when I receive an email, I am _STILL_ getting that lady’s voice summarizing the new email!!

Could you please tell me what setting I have missed to turn that lady's voice _ OFF _ ! !

Thank you for your help!

Chuck
mjs

Re: Turning Voice-Notification– _OFF_ ! !

Post by mjs »

From the Pop Peeper main menu you have the standard Audio notification at "Tools" > "Options" > "Notification" tab where you will find at the top of that window in the Audio section a check box for "New mail".

If you have the Plus Pack then you will also have specialized voice notification at "Tools" > "Voice notifier" where you can "Stop current voice" which will do as described, that is stop the current voice as you hear it (you'll notice you also have "Voice notifier settings..." at this same "Voice notifier" location).

If it is not the standard notification (first mentioned) but is actually the Plus Pack voice notification that you do not want to hear at all then from the main menu you can go to "Tools" > "Plugins" and then locate and uncheck "Notification voice" in this window to disable voice entirely.

An alternative to completely disabling Plus Pack voice notification altogether would be to go to the "Voice notifier's settings..." (previously mentioned) and select the "General" tab where you can set a "Global hotkey to stop current and queued messages", i.e. use CTRL+Shift+S to "Stop" sound for example and then when you first hear the voice use that key combination which will immediately stop the voice at that time. This (as with "Stop current voice") only applies to the current voice as you hear it so if you receive new email you will hear the voice once again and will need to do the same thing.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers