Always view in HTML - Is there a Setting?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
amitt

Always view in HTML - Is there a Setting?

Post by amitt »

I've been a pop peeper user for some time and just upgraded to the pro version the other day. I would like to view the entire message in html each time I click on a new message - I don't want to have to 'double click here to view in html each time.'
mjs

Re: Always view in HTML - Is there a Setting?

Post by mjs »

This is controlled by the "Default viewing message preference" setting in "Tools" > "Options" > "View messages" tab in the main menu of PP (illustrated below). With that said, in POP Peeper v4 the warning banner is there for your safety and if you mark the sender as "safe" (see details below) you will not get that banner again for that sender.

It is important to keep in mind, because it can be risky to open messages containing HTML, the safest way to handle this if you want to view messages in HTML is to use "Smart HTML viewing" by checking this box (top setting pointed out below) in this same PP interface (perhaps it is already checked) and then for any senders you feel are safe then just mark the message as "Legit" (green thumbs up button) or alternately either "Whitelist" the address (safer and same as marking "Legit", but their next message may get banner again) or the domain. By doing this that sender will not get the banner but other senders that could still be a risk to view in HTML will still get the banner just in case they might not be trusted. Of course you do have the choice to view HTML messages without ever getting this warning banner by setting your "Default viewing messages preference" to "HTML" and disabling (unchecking) "Smart HTML viewing" but this is certainly not recommended. [-X
Settings to safely view HTML messages
Settings to safely view HTML messages
IMPORTANT: Here is a link that will provide more details about this: Messages are not displayed in HTML by default. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers