Anti-spam

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
JeanP

Anti-spam

Post by JeanP »

Hello,
Following the sending of a question to a company in Sweden (for the first time), I receive an acknowledgement of receipt and it is in anti-spam without my intervention. :o
It's happened before on other occasions.
Is there any way to avoid this? Thank you.
mjs

Re: Anti-spam

Post by mjs »

If you have marked the sender as "legit" (not spam) then the next time you get a message from that sender it should not be evaluated as spam again.
Here are some links that include information on this subject:
1) POP Peeper Pro (that has a video on the subject).
2) User Interface changes between v3 and v4 (includes links on the subject - most specifically regarding the Junk and Legitimate buttons).
There is also the "Help" function in PP that includes a great deal of additional details regarding the Anti-Junk feature.

Other members of the Esumsoft Team may have more to add to this when they get by the forum. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
JeanP

Post by JeanP »

I know that.
The question is why this new correspondent has landed automatically in spam.
I set the program so that spams are deleted when checking messages again.
If I had not seen by chance in the spam, I would not even know that I was answered !
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you have received multiple false positives, then I would suggest that you not auto-delete junk until you adjust the filters.

There are several ways to determine which filters were applied to a message:
1) In the message list, right-click on the message and select AntiJunk -> show evaluation
2) When viewing the message, the same option is under the main menu: AntiJunk / Show evaluation

3) In the message list, you can immediately see the evaluation for the selected message if "Advanced options" is enabled (main menu: Tools / Options / General)
4) When viewing the message, the antijunk banner can directly display more details (right-click on the antijunk banner and select Banner -> advanced display)
--> in these 2 cases, you can also right-click on the relevant banner and select "show evaluation" -- this can be helpful to copy the text

Furthermore, if you access the AntiJunk settings (main menu: Tools / AntiJunk -> main interface), it will show you statistics. If you consistently and accurately mark messages as Legit which were evaluated as spam, then these stats would appear as "false positives" (or "false hits"). If you look through the individual statistics for each filter, you can figure out where the problems lie.

If you find that a particular filter (especially one provided by the system) has an issue, please let us know so that it can be re-considered and improved.
JeanP

Post by JeanP »

OK Jeff... thank you.