IMAP 4.5.2

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Styx

IMAP 4.5.2

Post by Styx »

I have PopPeeper Pro Plus Pack installed (and over installed again) and it shows 4.5.2. However it is still indicating :

Current IMAP as 4.5.0 and in Red the Latest as 4.5.2????

How do I get the IMAP updated to current version???

Thanks!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: IMAP 4.5.2

Post by Jeff »

If you installed from the exe:
1) Re-run the exe
2) When you see the list of available components to install, find "IMAP" and make sure that it's checkmark'd (I'm guessing it's not)
3) Continue with the installation

If you installed from a zip file:
1) exit POP Peeper
2) Open the zip file and copy imap.dll from the zip and overwrite your existing
3) Restart POP Peeper

In either case, go to help/about and make sure all is well.
Styx

Post by Styx »

I have run the installer from the exe several times and always IMAP was checked. Just closed PopPeeper and ran it again and no change, IMAP still shows as 4.5.0 and 4.5.2 as available.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

OH, one other possibility -- have you ever renamed the imap.dll file? It's possible that POP Peeper is finding and accessing the wrong file if you renamed the old file to something like imap_v4500.dll -- you should rename the extension (e.g. imap_v4500.dxx).
(I thought of this after I wrote the following; the above is more likely, but I'll keep the remaining text just in case)

Can you let me know what the filename of the exe installer you're using is (and what method you used to obtain it)? There are several available and I want to make sure I concentrate on the same one.

I have tested the following files, from the following sources:
1) Download page: POPPeeperPro-Install.exe
2) Download page: POPPeeperPro-v452.zip
3) Product Request (via direct download): POPPeeperProPlus-Install-v452.exe

I've confirmed that these all have imap v4.5.2.

When you run the installer, do you get any errors that a file couldn't be written?
Styx

Post by Styx »

Even though I had the latest version of IMAP.dll it still showed 4.5.0 in HELP. So I renamed it and redid the install and it now shows 4.5.2 as it should.

Thanks!

Rob
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Glad you got the correct version now. Hopefully you renamed it to something besides .dll like I mentioned :)

Since you still have a backup of that file, there is another way to tell the version (you will need to temporarily rename it back to .dll for this to work) --
- using Windows Explorer and right-click on the file and select Properties
- Select "details" tab
- the "File version" and "product version" should always match up, even if formatted differently
-> does the "file version" report 4.5.2.0?