Pop Peeper and Use of Aliases

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Markxxx

Pop Peeper and Use of Aliases

Post by Markxxx »

Is this option for paid users only? I found a guide but it's unclear to me as I don't see the options given it it

Under the FAQs it says:

Under the main "Send Mail" menu, select "Settings"
Enable "Allow From Aliases"
Press OK

I don't see any "Settings" under my send mail. Am I correct to assume it is a paid only option?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Peeper and Use of Aliases

Post by Jeff »

No, it's in the free version, it's just that the steps have changed slightly since that was first written. I've updated the FAQ:
https://www.esumsoft.com/pop-peeper/faq/?q=alias
Markxxx

Post by Markxxx »

Thanks for the link but this is where I'm lost.

The link you provided says:
  1. Under the main menu, select Tools / Options
  2. Select the "Send Mail" page on the left
  3. Enable "Allow From Aliases"
  4. Press OK
I opened PP from the tray. There I see atop: File -> View-> Accounts-> Messages -> Send Mail -> Tools ->

And there I selected "Tools" then that opens a window and I select "Options." Then I selected "Send mail" on the left.

This is where I am stuck. The directions say: "Select Allow Aliases"

I do not have that option. Am I in the wrong place?

I have PP v5.4.6.0 and am on Windows 10 22h2 (19045.3324).

Thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

You will need to enable "Advanced options" - to do this go to "Tools" > "Options", select "General" and check the "Advanced options" box (upper-right area of Interface). The "Alias" option is one of a number of "Advanced" settings in POP Peeper, so in this case "Advanced options" needs to be enabled to access this setting.

Now select "Send Mail" to enable "Aliases" in this Interface by checking the "Allow 'from' aliases" (as Jeff explained) and then click "OK" in this Interface to enable the two options you have selected (i.e. "Advanced Options", set previously, and the "Allow 'from' aliases" will then both be enabled).
Check the box "Allow 'from' aliases" and then Click the "OK" button to enable both the "Advanced options" you checked previously as well as the "Allow 'from' aliases" option in this Interface. (click on image to enlarge, use browser back-arrow to return to forum topic)
Check the box "Allow 'from' aliases" and then Click the "OK" button to enable both the "Advanced options" you checked previously as well as the "Allow 'from' aliases" option in this Interface. (click on image to enlarge, use browser back-arrow to return to forum topic)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jeff, a reference to the requirement of "Advanced options" in order to be able to access the "Allow 'from' aliases" option should probably be added to the "Alias" FAQ.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

FAQ has been updated, again.

Markxxx -- sorry about that!