View in HTML + imbedded photos not working

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rtorella

View in HTML + imbedded photos not working

Post by rtorella »

I have been struggling with settings in my paid version. I have selected to view in HTMl, and show all photos. Please see attachments of my incoming msg and settings. Although view in HTML is selected, messages still insist that I click on the upper yellow box to view in HTML. Then I have to click on a second yellow box to view the photos. This particular email is from Amazon for a product ordered.

Appreciate the fix please

Thanks Ray
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Attached images were inadvertently deleted by mistake. (See my follow-up post below this one).
spc3rd

Re: View in HTML + imbedded photos not working

Post by spc3rd »

My apologies, Ray!

I mistakenly deleted the 3 screenshots you included with your post when I was reviewing it a short time ago. #-o
Would you please be kind enough to post back with the same screenshots you originally included?

** There is some info provided by lakrsrool and Jeff at the link below which may help with the issue you're having.

http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 206#p32206

Thank you & again - my apologies for the inadvertent deletion of the images!
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi Ray,

As you see in the link provided above by Pete you will need to have the settings as you see them in the "Tools" > "Options" > "View Messages" tab image of that linked topic.

Beyond that, what is the Pop Peeper "Server type" that you are using for your account(s) i.e. (Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail etc or are you using either the IMAP or POP3 protocols, the setting is found by editing the account(s) and looking at your "Server type" setting in the "General" tab of the "Edit Account" interface).

In most cases if you're NOT using IMAP or POP3 then in order to display the imbedded images it would be recommended that you change the accounts to either of these settings (preferably IMAP). (all other relevant settings should be automatically set by just changing the "Server type" setting to IMAP).

Oh and you might want to also take a look at the guide that explains how "Smart HTML viewing" works that is linked in the post by Jeff at the bottom of that topic. :wink:

Please post back the outcome, thanks.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

I have a mix of Pop 3 + IMAP Accounts and encounter the same with all accounts. I have attached the screenshots for you to take a look at.

Thanks again
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture 1.JPG
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

I believe that I might have located the problem. According to the "smart html" feature, I have to add the sender as "legit" or it needs to come from the esumsoft database as legit. I unselected the "smart html" feature and imagine that will fix that problem. The smart html is a security feature, which would double with my Internet Security Software. Will post if that is the cure and weight it against the risk of opening unknowns in HTML. Here is the link where I located the smart html explanation.

http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... /#viewhtml

Will let you know after I receive a couple unknowns from websites who have imbedded items.

Ray