***SPAM*** indicator

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
aguy30

***SPAM*** indicator

Post by aguy30 »

The ***SPAM*** indicator is highly inaccurate. It has far more wrong than correct hits. I don't know how to tell it that something or a site isn't spam or simply just a way to turn it off. Am I missing something in my non pro version?
mjs

Re: ***SPAM*** indicator

Post by mjs »

It is my understanding that PP v4 is to be complete for a limited time so that all the premium added features will remain available for use free of charge for 30-days. If the Pro version is not purchased after the 30 day trial period has expired then the program will automatically revert to the free version of PP v4 at which time the premium features such as Anti-Junk, Spell Checker etc. will no longer function (which would mean SPAM mail would not get filtered as "Junk" as of that time).

That said in regards to the AntiJunk Suite, you can signify to POP Peeper whether mail is "Legitimate" or "Junk" by doing the following:

OPTION 1) Use buttons to inform POP Peeper as to whether messages are not Junk (Legit) for example (keep in mind that marking as "Legit" will help PP "learn" what messages are considered "Legit" and of course visa versa as well as far as marking messages that are actually Junk).
Press the "Legit" button if messages are not junk.
Press the "Legit" button if messages are not junk.
Mark Legit.png (11.7 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
OPTION 2) Use main menu function as illustrated to do the same as the above Option 1.
Mark as "Legit" or "Junk" using main POP Peeper menu.
Mark as "Legit" or "Junk" using main POP Peeper menu.
There is also a very helpful video and other information on the AntiJunk Suite feature on this POP Peeper Pro product page you might want to take a look at as well. :idea:

Either Jeff and/or spc3rd (Pete) can likely provide additional details regarding the AntiJunk Suite feature of PPv4 as these are just the basics on the subject. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

aguy30 -- I assume that you're saying that ***SPAM*** gets pre-pended to the subject or something? If so, that's not from POP Peeper. I'd have a look at your internet security suite.
aguy30

Post by aguy30 »

Thanks Jeff.
I have Avast Internet Security Premier and you are correct.
It can be set on/off or whitelisted under "Antispam" in active protection.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks very much for posting back with that info, aguy30!
Such feedback/follow-up info is much appreciated as it definitely benefits other PP users/Forum members as a whole!

As an additional note (for anyone else who may experience the same issue), there are indeed other security software programs which have options within them similar to what aguy30 mentioned with his Avast! program. My own ESET Smart Security also has the same adjustable settings/options for email as well.

Cheers! :)
Global Moderator