I'm getting the error -1000 on some or all of my accounts. What does that mean?
- Open Internet Explorer
- From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Advanced" tab
- Scroll down to the "Security" section
- UNcheck "Check for server certificate revocation"
- Press OK
- Test the account in POP Peeper
- From POP Peeper's main menu, select Tools / Options
- Select the 'Connection' page
- Usually, "Use Registry Configuration" is the correct option, but you may have to specify a different address or supply a username/password. These settings are usually only required when behind a corporate firewall and the settings need to be obtained from your IT department
The -1000 error generally means that POP Peeper was not able to connect to the webmail server. Usually, the reason for this is because a software firewall (ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security, etc) is blocking POP Peeper from accessing the internet. You'll need to go into the inclusion/exclusion list and make sure that poppeeper.exe is allowed access.
Although less common, another reason for this error is due to an outdated or invalid security certificate. To check if this may be a possibility, do the following:
If that doesn't work, check that the proxy server is setup correctly in POP Peeper: