POP Peeper FAQ
My Yahoo account tells me to check my username/password but it was working before and I know they're correct.
- Reduce how often POP Peeper checks the account; the minimum recommended interval is 15 minutes. You can specify the interval for an individual account by following these steps:
- Select "Options" under the main "Tools" menu
- On the "General" page, check "Enable Advanced Options"
- Press OK
- Edit the yahoo account (right-click on the account and select "Edit")
- Select the "Advanced" tab
- Change the polling interval
- Press "Update"
- Don't retrieve the entire message, set it to headers or preview. Headers is recommended if you receive some messages that you won't read (e.g. spam). You can change this for the account on the account's "Advanced" page (see above for instructions on accessing this page)
- Retrieve only the first page of the inbox (Options / Message Retrieval). If you do retrieve multiple pages, then you should keep the number of messages in your inbox to a minimum by deleting messages and/or moving them to another folder. Set the number of messages per pages to the maximum (200) which will greatly decrease the bandwidth (and time it takes to retrieve the headers).
- Don't retrieve the body for messages marked as read on the server (Options / Message Retrieval)
- Set POP Peeper to delete messages at the next mail check, which is the default option. To check and/or change this setting, go to the "General" page in Options and verify that "Delete Mail Immediately" is unchecked.
Sometimes, Yahoo may require you to enter a captcha, which is an image where you have to enter the letters and numbers that you see.
If this happens to you, here's what you should do:
1) Use a "private/incognito" browser window and sign into your Yahoo account (you must be asked to sign in with username/password)
2) After accessing your inbox, check your account in POP Peeper again
3) If you still have an error, it may be necessary to change your password; make sure you update the new password in your POP Peeper account
It's possible that POP Peeper will still report an error. If that's the case, you need to temporarily disable the account (edit the account and uncheck the "enabled" checkbox), and try again every few hours. The problem usually clears up within 24 hours.
In order to prevent the problem from occuring, it may help to reduce the activity to your Yahoo accounts. Here are some suggestions: