POP Peeper FAQ
Yahoo: IMAP security (Oauth2)
- Use the OAuth2 login method (recommended for improved security): Edit your account in POP Peeper; press the 'OAuth2' button and follow the instructions
- Disable OAuth2: Use the following URL to disable OAuth2 in your Yahoo account:
Enable: "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"
1) Press the "Generate app password" link
2) Select "Other app" and name it "POP Peeper"
3) Press the "Generate" button
4) Copy the password Yahoo provides you and paste it into the password field of your POP Peeper account
Yahoo has started blocking normal login methods for IMAP/SMTP -- first reported around June 2016 -- in favor of using the OAuth2 login method.
Yahoo will report an error of:
([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] #MBR1212 Incorrect username or password.)